Today it seems as if almost everyone you know is trying a plant-based diet, or is at least becoming more aware of this lifestyle and trying to incorporate it into their daily lives. Here are a few recipes that are truly nutritious & delicious. No sacrifices here!
MEATLESS MONDAY FAMILY STYLE
INGREDIENTS (ALL ORGANIC)
- 2 boxes of Jovial Brown Rice Pasta
- 1/2 jar Rao's Marinara Sauce
- 1/2 jar Organico Bello Marinara Sauce
- 2 large yellow tomatoes (or red, if you prefer!)
- 2 bunches of asparagus
- 1 lemon
- 4 Tbsp nutritional yeast
- Sprinkle vegan cheese to taste (plant based version)
- Option to sprinkle organic shredded mozzarella cheese to taste
- Sprinkle sea salt to taste
- Coconut oil
- preheat the oven to 375
- Rinse the asparagus and then chop the ends off
- I place the asparagus in a bowl and then add some coconut oil and mix it around and then transfer the asparagus to a cooking sheet to place in the oven
- Let the seasoned asparagus cook for about 12 minutes or until they start to brown
- While the asparagus is in the oven, I fill a pot with water, add a tsp of olive oil and a pinch of sea salt to the water while it's boiling) bring the water to a bowl before adding in the brown rice pasta and leave for 10 minutes on low heat. Slice tomatoes while the pasta is boiling and heat up the sauce on low heat.
- The key to making brown rice pasta delicious is once the 1o minutes are up turn off the stove and let the pasta sit in the water for 1 min. Then strain and place in a bowl.
- Take out the asparagus and squeeze 1/2 lemon over all of them.
- Add sauce with seasonings (sea salt and nutritional yeast to taste) and split pasta so you can add mozzarella to one and the vegan cheese to the other. Sprinkle cheese on top and mix in so it melts.
- Top off with sliced tomatoes and cooked asparagus. Enjoy!
MANGO AVOCADO-HUMMUS COLLARD GREEN WRAPS
RECIPE FROM LIMABEAN LIFESTYLE / GUILTLESS PLEASURES COOKING CHANNEL
CARROT & RYE OATMEAL
1/2 cup rolled oats
1/2 cup rye flakes
1 1/2 cups fresh carrot juice
1 cup unsweetened plant-based milk (we like this home-made version)
A pinch of sea salt
Sultanas or raisins, or raw cacao nibs, or toasted flaxseeds
First, prepare the apple compote. Cut the cored apple into cubes. Add all compote ingredients to a sauce pan with 2 tablespoons of water, cover, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until tender and golden.
Meanwhile, place all oatmeal ingredients in a saucepan and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes, or until thick, stirring occasionally. Serve and top with raisins, cacao nibs, and toasted flaxseed.
ALMOND CHIA PUDDING
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 cup coconut cream
- 2 Tbl maple syrup
- 6 Tbl chia seeds
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/8 cup grated coconut
- 1/4 cup almonds, sliced
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
Let the chia soak for 10 minutes.
Stir gently, cover, and put in the fridge for at least 1 hour.
Pour the pudding into small bowls.
Top with the almond flakes and grated coconut. Serve and enjoy.
RECIPE FROM GLUTEN-FREE DADDY
Leave a comment if you try one of these or have a favorite recipe you'd like to share!